Tuesday, October 15, 2013

SNA in the NSA

On my drive home from Fletcher this evening, I caught the tail-end of a NPR segment about the NSA's use of meta-data and SNA. I couldn't help but smile as I realized I actually understood what they were talking about. As one would expect, the NSA is using SNA to track emails, trace associated contacts, and let SNA "do its thing". Here's a similar story posted on NPR.com.

*As a side point: while "SNA in the NSA" does have a certain musical ring to it, members of our seminar will be quick to tell you that the in-class "BM redundant of HA" SNA rap was one for the record books. Thanks Professor Tunnard.*

2 comments:

Christopher Tunnard said...

It may be for the record books, but I sure hope it wasn't recorded.

Unknown said...

Don't worry. Just in the memory banks.